Elizabeth Williams scored 20 points to keep No. 4 Duke unbeaten with a 58-26 rout of Virginia Tech on Wednesday night. The Blue Devils (16-0...
DURHAM, N.C. — Elizabeth Williams scored 20 points to keep No. 4 Duke unbeaten with a 58-26 rout of Virginia Tech on Wednesday night.
The Blue Devils (16-0, 5-0 ACC), who are the only undefeated team left in Division I basketball, have won 18 straight in the series, the last eight by double digits.
Williams, who had her fourth 20-point game of the season, finished with eight rebounds. Chelsea Gray chipped in 12 points, while Haley Peters had five points to go with 10 rebounds.
Monet Tellier led the Hokies (7-10, 1-5) with 10 points. Ugu Ugoka had four points — on 2-for-13 shooting — and nine rebounds.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Chicken recipes: some new, some old, all delicious
Most Read Stories
Duke shot 35.4 percent from the floor to 26.7 for Tech. The Blue Devils won the rebounding battle 49-34.
Other Top 5 women
No. 1 Baylor 90,
at Kansas State 69
Brittney Griner scored 29 points and Baylor routed undersized Kansas State for its 27th consecutive regular-season Big 12 victory.
Brooklyn Pope added 12 points and Kimetria Hayden had 11 for the Bears (15-1, 5-0), who have won 13 straight since losing to Stanford early in the season.
Brittany Chambers had 23 points for the Wildcats (10-7, 1-4).
• Georgetown forward Greg Whittington, who ranks second on the team in points (12.1) and rebounds (7.0), was declared academically ineligible.
• Former Boston College point guard Jordan Daniels is transferring to Drake.
• Michigan State forwards Branden Dawson and Adreian Payne were involved in a scuffle at a hotel and were benched for the start of the game at Penn State.