Brandon Young scored 18 points and had nine assists in leading DePaul to its fifth consecutive win, a 78-61 decision Wednesday over Arizona...
TEMPE, Ariz. — Brandon Young scored 18 points and had nine assists in leading DePaul to its fifth consecutive win, a 78-61 decision Wednesday over Arizona State.
Carrick Felix had 12 points and six rebounds for the Sun Devils (8-2), who had won four straight and were 8-1 for only the fourth time in 38 years.
The Blue Demons (7-3) rebounded from a 1-for-9 start from the field and used a 17-4 spurt early in the second half to take a 22-point lead with 10:29 remaining. Worrel Clahar added 14 points and two steals for DePaul.
Other Pac-12 men
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Colorado 50, at Fresno State 43
Andre Roberson scored 17 points and grabbed 20 rebounds as Colorado beat Fresno State for its first road win.
Askia Booker added 14 points and Josh Scott had 11 points and eight rebounds for the Buffaloes (8-2), who were coming off a 36-point loss at No. 9 Kansas.
Kevin Foster led Fresno State (5-5) with eight points and eight rebounds.
Oregon State 79, at Portland State 74
Devon Collier had 23 points as Oregon State overcame a listless first half to defeat the Vikings (1-5).
Joe Burton added 20 points and seven rebounds for the Beavers (6-2), who became the first Pac-12 team to play at the 1,500-seat Peter W. Stott Center on the Vikings’ downtown Portland campus.
Top 10 men
At No. 7 Ohio State 85,
Savannah State 45
Deshaun Thomas scored all but one of his 22 points in the first half as Ohio State (7-1) showed its firepower inside and out in beating Savannah State (5-5).
Top 5 women
At No. 3 Baylor 94, Oral Roberts 56
Odyssey Sims scored a season-high 27 points, Brittney Griner had 22 points and 10 rebounds, and Baylor (8-1) ran its home winning streak to 44 games with a win over Oral Roberts (3-4).
At Arizona State 72, San Diego 39
Joy Burke scored a game-high 12 points as Arizona State drubbed San Diego (6-3). Janae Fulcher and Arnecia Hawkins each scored 11 points and Micaela Pickens added 10 for the Sun Devils (6-4), who won their third straight game. ASU shot 56 percent from the field.
At Illinois 80, Oregon 62
Karisma Penn had 17 points and 12 rebounds as Illinois (6-4) kept the Ducks winless. Jillian Alleyne had 24 points and 16 rebounds for Oregon (0-8).
• Saint Joseph’s suspended junior forward Halil Kanacevic for two games and a week of practice for unsportsmanlike conduct against Villanova.
• Illinois State indefinitely suspended sophomore guard Geoffrey Allen for a violation of team rules. Allen is a transfer from Eastern Washington.
• Tennessee freshman guard Andraya Carter will undergo season-ending surgery on her right shoulder.