BOULDER, Colo. – Spencer Dinwiddie scored 17 points and No. 21 Colorado beat Elon 80-63 on Friday night for its 10th consecutive victory.
Xavier Johnson added 12 points and 15 rebounds for the Buffaloes (10-1), who were coming off a victory over then-No. 6 Kansas a week ago. Josh Scott scored 12 points and George King added 10.
Sebastian Koch scored 27 points on 9-of-14 shooting from three-point range for Elon (5-5), which had won three in a row. Tanner Samson added 12 points for the visitors from North Carolina.
The Phoenix is winless in 18 career games against Top 25 opponents.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Koch made a three to give Elon a 16-12 lead with 11:05 to go in the first half, but the Buffaloes took control with a 15-2 spurt.
Colorado also scored 14 of the last 18 points of the first half to take a 41-25 lead at the break.
Nelson scores 26 as Oregon St. wins
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Roberto Nelson scored 26 points and Devon Collier added 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead Oregon State to a 77-63 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Davon Haynes had 18 points for the Golden Lions (2-7). Tevin Hammond contributed 10 assists and DeAndre McIntyre scored 12 points.
Oregon State (4-2) scored the first seven points and took a 12-2 lead.
The Golden Lions took their first lead on a layup by Sean Tingle that made the score 26-25 with 5:46 remaining in the first half.
The Beavers went into the break with a 36-32 lead.
Oregon St. women beat Hawaii
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Jamie Weisner, who is from Clarkston, scored 19 points to lead the Oregon State women to a 76-64 victory over Hawaii.
• Louisville point guard Chris Jones might miss the next two games because of a sprained wrist on his shooting hand. He is averaging 14.9 points for the defending national champions.