BERKELEY, Calif. – Reshanda Gray scored 33 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as No. 23 California overcame a late rally from Oregon for a 101-98 overtime victory in Pac-12 women’s basketball Sunday.
After Gray fouled out in overtime, Brittany Boyd snapped a tie at 96 with a running bank shot on a drive to the hoop.
Boyd then made 3 of 4 free throws in the final 20 seconds as the Golden Bears (10-3 overall, 2-0 Pac-12) held off Oregon (9-4, 0-2).
Oregon ended regulation play with a 10-1 run, capped by a layup from Chrishae Rowe with seven seconds left. Rowe led Oregon with 24 points.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
Most Read Stories
At No. 4 Stanford 89, Oregon St. 67
Chiney Ogwumike scored 17 of her 31 points in a dominating display of offense in the first 8½ minutes, and the Cardinal (13-1, 2-0) overwhelmed the Beavers (8-6, 0-2).
At USC 55, Utah 47
The Women of Troy (10-5, 3-0) trailed the Utes (7-6, 0-2) by seven points with 4:15 left, but went on a 16-0 run to lead 54-45 with 24 seconds to go.
Brianna Barrett scored a career-high 17 points for USC.
No. 12 Colorado 61, at UCLA 59
Jen Reese scored 15 points to help the Buffaloes (11-2, 1-1) edge the Bruins (7-8, 1-2). Nirra Fields had 23 points for UCLA.
|Sunday’s scores Arizona St. 78, Washington 60Washington St. 61, Arizona 59Stanford 89, Oregon St. 67California 101, Oregon 98 (OT)USC 55, Utah 47Colorado 61, UCLA 59|