Mike Muscala had 20 points and nine rebounds to lead Bucknell to a 65-54 victory over host Arizona in the opening round of the National Invitation Tournament.
TUCSON, Ariz. — Mike Muscala had 20 points and nine rebounds to lead Bucknell to a 65-54 victory over Arizona on Wednesday night in the opening round of the National Invitation Tournament.
Bucknell (25-9) held Pac-12 Arizona in check, leading by as many as 13 points in the first half. The Wildcats briefly took a two-point lead in the second half but Bucknell held Arizona to 35 percent shooting for the game.
Solomon Hill led the Wildcats (23-12) with 17 points and nine rebounds, and senior Jesse Perry added 14 points.
Arizona fell to 0-4 all time in the NIT.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Most Read Stories
wins CBI game
CORVALLIS, Ore. — Guard Jared Cunningham scored 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting to lead host Oregon State to an 80-59 victory over Western Illinois in the College Basketball Invitational.
The Beavers (20-14) will play Texas Christian (18-14) in a quarterfinal game Monday.
• Wyoming beat North Dakota State 78-75 and will play Washington State (16-16) in a CBI quarterfinal game Monday. WSU beat San Francisco 89-75 Tuesday.