Brigham Young beat Mercer 90-71 to advance to the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament.
PROVO, Utah — Brandon Davies collected 26 points and 10 rebounds to lead Brigham Young to a 90-71 victory over Mercer in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on Monday night.
Tyler Haws added 24 points, and Matt Carlino had 18 points and nine assists for the Cougars (23-11).
BYU beat Washington 90-79 last Tuesday in a first-round NIT game.
Travis Smith scored 19 points for Mercer (24-12).
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
BYU’s quarterfinal opponent will be Southern Mississippi, a 63-52 winner over visiting Louisiana Tech. Southern Miss is 27-9.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Vincent Council scored seven of his 12 points in the closing 5:21 to help Providence beat Robert Morris 77-68 in a second-round game.
LaDontae Henton led the Friars (19-14) with 21 points and Bryce Cotton scored 20.
Providence will face Baylor (20-14) in the quarterfinals Wednesday.