Brigham Young beat Mercer 90-71 to advance to the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament.
PROVO, Utah — Brandon Davies collected 26 points and 10 rebounds to lead Brigham Young to a 90-71 victory over Mercer in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on Monday night.
Tyler Haws added 24 points, and Matt Carlino had 18 points and nine assists for the Cougars (23-11).
BYU beat Washington 90-79 last Tuesday in a first-round NIT game.
Travis Smith scored 19 points for Mercer (24-12).
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Did she blow? NW submarine volcano likely just erupted
Most Read Stories
BYU’s quarterfinal opponent will be Southern Mississippi, a 63-52 winner over visiting Louisiana Tech. Southern Miss is 27-9.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Vincent Council scored seven of his 12 points in the closing 5:21 to help Providence beat Robert Morris 77-68 in a second-round game.
LaDontae Henton led the Friars (19-14) with 21 points and Bryce Cotton scored 20.
Providence will face Baylor (20-14) in the quarterfinals Wednesday.