BOULDER, Colo. – Promise Amukamara forced two turnovers in the final seconds and Adrianne Thomas made the winning free throws as No. 14 Arizona State edged Colorado 68-66 in a Pac-12 women’s basketball game Sunday.
Amukamara had a steal, pushed the ball up the court and her pass reached Thomas under the hoop with four seconds left. Thomas was fouled and made both free throws. On the ensuing possession, Amukamara forced a traveling call on Colorado’s Brittany Wilson with one second remaining as the Buffaloes were unable to get off a final shot.
Deja Mann scored 17 points to lead Arizona State (17-3 overall, 6-2 Pac-12). Freshman Kelsey Moos, a Reardan High School graduate, had a game-high 11 rebounds for the Sun Devils.
Jen Reese had 22 points to lead Colorado (12-7, 2-6).
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Reports: Seattle Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch out at least four weeks, set for surgery Wednesday
Most Read Stories
At No. 19 Cal 69, UCLA 53
Reshanda Gray scored 32 points on 12-of-18 shooting and pulled down 15 rebounds as the Golden Bears (14-5, 6-2) defeated the Bruins (10-11, 4-5).
Brittany Boyd added 18 points for Cal, which had a 43-28 rebounding advantage.
Nirra Fields scored 26 points for injury-hampered UCLA. The Bruins played three players off their bench; none scored.
At Utah 60, Arizona 57
Michelle Plouffe had 20 points and 13 rebounds, and Emily Potter scored 15 points to lead the Utes (9-10, 2-6) past the Wildcats (4-15, 0-8).
|Sunday’s resultsOregon 101, Washington 85Oregon St. 72, Wash. St. 57Arizona St. 68, Colorado 66California 69, UCLA 53Utah 60, Arizona 57|