TEMPE, Ariz. – Katie Hempen scored 11 points, nine in the second half, and 11th-ranked Arizona State rode a second-half surge to a 60-36 victory over rival Arizona in a women’s basketball game Tuesday night.
With the score tied at 26, Arizona State (20-3 overall, 9-2 Pac-12) opened the second half with a 12-2 run and led 38-28, forcing an Arizona timeout, then added runs of 8-0 and 14-0 to lead by as many as 26 points.
Deja Mann and Joy Burke scored eight apiece for the Sun Devils, who will face Arizona (4-18, 0-11) again Sunday.
Adrianne Thomas put the Sun Devils on top with a layup, but Arizona took charge on a 7-0 run capped by a layup by Breanna Workman and led 18-8.
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Sister-in-law didn’t appreciate delivery support
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
Most Read Stories
Arizona State’s Mann and Elisha Davis each made three-point baskets in an 8-0 run that tied the score at 26 at halftime.
Kama Griffitts led Arizona with 10 points and LaBrittney Jones grabbed nine rebounds.