No chance of an NCAA violation here. As Adam Potts, owner of Tattoo Salvation, told ESPN.com after inking a commemorative title tattoo on...
No chance of an NCAA violation here.
As Adam Potts, owner of Tattoo Salvation, told ESPN.com after inking a commemorative title tattoo on Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino: “I was running a free special for any Hall of Fame coaches who won an NCAA championship in the last 30 days.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Mike D’Antoni calls Phil Jackson to see if he’s interested in Lakers’ head-coaching job.”
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Tonight’s ‘NBA on TNT’ cancelled after PhotoShop guy calls in sick.”
Stat of the Week
Alabama and Auburn’s spring football games lured a combined crowd of 161,000.
The Florida Marlins might draw 161,000 — for the season.
“Unjustly enriched” was the term used in a Justice Department lawsuit seeking to recover millions of dollars paid out to:
a) Lance Armstrong.
b) Alex Rodriguez.
c) The Maloof brothers, in about two weeks.
The EPA has declared Picher, Okla. — ravaged by years of industrial zinc and lead mining — to be the most toxic place in America.
With Marlins Park in Miami a fast-closing No. 2.
No Canton do
Among the top 10 signs you probably won’t make the Football Hall of Fame, from CBS’s David Letterman:
• “You tear a rotator cuff playing Madden NFL 25.
• “You prefer to stop runners by reasoning with them.
• “Your tattoo reads ‘#1 Belieber.’ “
Solid No. 1 now
According to a new Gallup report, West Virginia is the most-stressed state in the U.S.
And that was before Geno Smith’s draft-day angst.
• Reggie Hayes of the Fort Wayne (Ind.) News-Sentinel, after Liverpool striker Luis Suarez got suspended a second time for biting an opposing player: “You know what they say: Soccer is an acquired taste.”
• Blogger TC Chong, after actress Reese Witherspoon asked a cop “Do you know who I am?” during her husband’s recent DUI arrest: “He replied, ‘Yes, you’re Al Michaels.’ “
• Scott Brown of the Vancouver (B.C.) Sun, via Twitter, after the Canucks listed goaltender Cory Schneider as day to day with a “body” injury: “We now know his mind & soul are OK.”
• Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, after the Bills lauded top draft pick EJ Manuel’s intangibles: “Is one of them the ability to play well in thermal underwear?”
Bumper to bumper
Richmond police arrested two Richard Childress Racing crew members after they got into a postrace fight with a rival crewman.
Or as it’s known in car-racing circles, trading body paint.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org