CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
- Seattle-area home prices surge to new high
- The sorrow of Steak ’n Shake VIEW
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after reportedly striking cop in December
Most Read Stories
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns