CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
- Live updates from the DNC: Sanders says Clinton 'must become the next president'
- Witnesses say WSU football players attacked two students
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- Jury finds Seattle police chief retaliated against 2 officers in overtime pay dispute
- More than 6 WSU football players named as 'persons of interest' in weekend party assault case WATCH
Most Read Stories
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns