CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Why watermelon is good for you
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns