CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
Most Read Stories
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns