CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
Most Read Stories
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Watch: Seahawks' Russell Wilson pulls off incredible touchdown pass against Cowboys
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Deep thoughts on the Seahawks win over Dallas: Earl Thomas, Paul Richardson, Germain Ifedi, and more WATCH
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns