CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson receiver Hunter Refrow, a star of the national championship game, broke the pinkie finger on his right hand playing basketball with coach Dabo Swinney’s sons.
Renfrow said through athletic spokesman Tim Bourret that the injury will not keep him from the start of spring practice on Feb. 29.
Renfrow is a redshirt freshman who caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Deshaun Watson in Clemson’s 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national title game last month. Renfrow also had a touchdown in Clemson’s 37-17 victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Renfrow jammed his hand while playing basketball recently at Swinney’s house and is wearing a cast.
Most Read Stories
- Sexless marriage worries husband | Dear Carolyn
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- Guns in stadiums? Trumpism making some noise in Olympia | Danny Westneat
- Look: Washington Crew uses Husky Stadium snow to send a message about UW football vs. Alabama
Renfrow finished the season with 33 catches for 492 yards and five touchdowns