VANCOUVER, B.C. — Chris Higgins scored in the fifth round of the shootout of a game marked by a nasty line brawl off the opening faceoff as the Vancouver Canucks beat the Calgary Flames 3-2 Saturday night.
Higgins beat Flames goalie Karri Ramo through the five-hole as Vancouver snapped a three-game losing streak.
All 10 skaters on the ice dropped their gloves two seconds into the first period, resulting in eight game misconducts and leaving both teams with short benches the rest of the game.
Ryan Kesler, with a goal and an assist, and Yannick Weber scored for the Canucks. Roberto Luongo stopped 31 shots in his return from an injury.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
Mark Giordano and Matt Stajan scored in regulation for the Flames, who got 31 saves from Ramo.
After the first period, Canucks coach John Tortorella tried to go into Calgary’s locker room but Flames enforcer Brian McGrattan pushed him away.