VANCOUVER, B.C. — Chris Higgins scored in the fifth round of the shootout of a game marked by a nasty line brawl off the opening faceoff as the Vancouver Canucks beat the Calgary Flames 3-2 Saturday night.
Higgins beat Flames goalie Karri Ramo through the five-hole as Vancouver snapped a three-game losing streak.
All 10 skaters on the ice dropped their gloves two seconds into the first period, resulting in eight game misconducts and leaving both teams with short benches the rest of the game.
Ryan Kesler, with a goal and an assist, and Yannick Weber scored for the Canucks. Roberto Luongo stopped 31 shots in his return from an injury.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Mark Giordano and Matt Stajan scored in regulation for the Flames, who got 31 saves from Ramo.
After the first period, Canucks coach John Tortorella tried to go into Calgary’s locker room but Flames enforcer Brian McGrattan pushed him away.