Bet the bride-to-be shudders whenever he calls her “dear.”
Vancouver Canucks left wing David Booth announced plans for a June wedding in Montana — in the same remote locale where he once shot a 12-point buck.
Stat of the Week
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Three of the 24 triple plays in Yankee history have come with CC Sabathia on the mound.
Green Bay fans now have a dating site of their own: GreenBayPackersLovers.com.
Any resulting marriage, we assume, will be known as a Lambeau Leap.
Brewers backup catcher Martin Maldonado lived a sandlot player’s dream Friday night — hitting the cover halfway off the ball on an infield hit to third against the Pirates.
League officials immediately confiscated Maldonado’s Wonderboy bat and his bottle of Ryan Braun vitamins.
Check the fine print
The Yankees’ Masahiro Tanaka has recorded 28 strikeouts in his first three starts as a rookie, breaking the club mark set by Al Leiter in 1987.
We believe you’ll find that one on page 1,435 of the Yankee record book.
Reeling it in
Randy Howell landed a $300,000 prize for winning this year’s Bassmaster Classic
To put that in perspective, UConn’s Kevin Ollie got a $166,666 bonus for winning the NCAA tournament.
Sweaty by the Bay
“I had the worst nightmare last night,” wrote Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald. “I’m traveling constantly, and I keep getting behind the 49ers’ Aldon Smith in the airport security line.”
TV ratings for this year’s Tiger-less Masters were the worst since 1993.
Or as some wiseacre in the CBS accounting department cracked, “In the hole!”
• Blogger TC Chong, on why Saskatchewan’s Graham DeLaet wasn’t distraught after missing this year’s Masters cut: “He already owns quite a few green jackets, though they all say ‘John Deere’ on the front.”
• Cubs owner Tom Ricketts, to AP, on baseball’s new video challenges: “We’re 2-2 in challenges, so it’s clear to us the replay system only works about half the time.”
• Ex-NBA coach Stan Van Gundy, to Orlando’s WYGM Radio, on why John Calipari wouldn’t leave Kentucky to coach the Lakers: “He has more NBA players this year than the Lakers do.”
Spanish golfer Pablo Larrazabal had to jump into a water hazard to escape attacking hornets during the Malaysian Open at Kuala Lumpur Country Club.
Diving experts say he reached at least 3 under.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org