PASCO — James Zamarripa hit a two-run single to spark a five-run seventh inning, helping Everett pick up a 5-2 Northwest League victory over Tri-City on Tuesday night.
The visiting AquaSox (10-2) entered the seventh inning trailing 2-0 before rallying. The offensive spurt was capped off by a run-scoring triple by Jamodrick McGruder that scored Bryan Brito and a squeeze bunt by Jack Reinheimer that drove in McGruder.
Richard White (1-1) picked up the victory with one inning of relief work. Steven Ewing, the starter, pitched five innings and gave up two runs in the first inning.
Jose Valdivia pitched three innings to earn his first save of the season.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier