PASCO — James Zamarripa hit a two-run single to spark a five-run seventh inning, helping Everett pick up a 5-2 Northwest League victory over Tri-City on Tuesday night.
The visiting AquaSox (10-2) entered the seventh inning trailing 2-0 before rallying. The offensive spurt was capped off by a run-scoring triple by Jamodrick McGruder that scored Bryan Brito and a squeeze bunt by Jack Reinheimer that drove in McGruder.
Richard White (1-1) picked up the victory with one inning of relief work. Steven Ewing, the starter, pitched five innings and gave up two runs in the first inning.
Jose Valdivia pitched three innings to earn his first save of the season.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars