PASCO — James Zamarripa hit a two-run single to spark a five-run seventh inning, helping Everett pick up a 5-2 Northwest League victory over Tri-City on Tuesday night.
The visiting AquaSox (10-2) entered the seventh inning trailing 2-0 before rallying. The offensive spurt was capped off by a run-scoring triple by Jamodrick McGruder that scored Bryan Brito and a squeeze bunt by Jack Reinheimer that drove in McGruder.
Richard White (1-1) picked up the victory with one inning of relief work. Steven Ewing, the starter, pitched five innings and gave up two runs in the first inning.
Jose Valdivia pitched three innings to earn his first save of the season.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'