PASCO — James Zamarripa hit a two-run single to spark a five-run seventh inning, helping Everett pick up a 5-2 Northwest League victory over Tri-City on Tuesday night.
The visiting AquaSox (10-2) entered the seventh inning trailing 2-0 before rallying. The offensive spurt was capped off by a run-scoring triple by Jamodrick McGruder that scored Bryan Brito and a squeeze bunt by Jack Reinheimer that drove in McGruder.
Richard White (1-1) picked up the victory with one inning of relief work. Steven Ewing, the starter, pitched five innings and gave up two runs in the first inning.
Jose Valdivia pitched three innings to earn his first save of the season.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract