No. 1 seed South Carolina vs. No. 9 Oregon State
6:30 p.m. Tuesday (ESPN2)
Tickets: Adult $18; student/senior $14; group $10. For more information call 206-543-2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key players: South Carolina freshman center Alaina Coates, who’s a 6-foot-4 force inside, contributed 13 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks in Sunday’s win to advance. On the perimeter, there’s Tiffany Mitchell, who shoots 50 percent from the field. OSU has made 278 three-pointers this season — or just 87 fewer than South Carolina has attempted — led by left-handed point guard Sydney Wiese. She averages 14.5 points, shooting 43.7 percent from deep.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
What to expect: Defense was the only topic Monday in prep for the teams that surprisingly mirror each other. South Carolina is focused on stopping Wiese, who’s unlike any point guard the Gamecocks have faced because of her 6-foot height and skill-set. OSU has played physical and fast this season but hasn’t defended a team as disciplined and efficient as the Gamecocks. Whoever takes care of the ball wins.
Prediction: South Carolina 72, Oregon State 67