Not appearing in any ads for Arkansas Tourism anytime soon: Lolo Jones. Tweeted the two-time Olympic hurdler, after landing in Fayetteville...
Not appearing in any ads for Arkansas Tourism anytime soon: Lolo Jones.
Tweeted the two-time Olympic hurdler, after landing in Fayetteville to serve as an ESPN analyst for the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships there:
“Those pig farms. phhffft!! I will not have to worry about it if I forget deodorant here.”
Tweeted Jones again after receiving the predictable blowback:
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
“Getting upset bc [because] i said a PIG farm stinks is like getting upset if I say a car drives. I’m from Iowa. Calm down peeps.”
“Wrangler is coming out with a pair of jeans that claims to fight cellulite as you wear them,” noted Conan O’Brien. “Finally, a pair of jeans your boyfriend can say you look fat in, but not for long.”
Chip off the political bloc
President Barack Obama watched his 11-year-old daughter’s basketball game in Chevy Chase, Md., on Saturday.
Quickie scouting report: To no one’s surprise, Sasha’s a handful when she goes to her left.
Keeping the faith
There’s no panic in Kansas City — even after a 12-2 loss to the Mariners dropped the Royals’ spring-training record to 11-1-1.
“Don’t worry, guys, we can still win the Cactus League,” pitcher Jeremy Guthrie told the Kansas City Star. “It’s just one loss.”
He knows water hazards
Michael Phelps says he’d do just about anything to become a good golfer — within reason.
“I’d give up a bronze to shoot under 70,” he told the Dan Patrick Show. “I don’t know about the golds. I worked too hard to get them.”
• Ian Hamilton of the Regina (Sask.) Leader-Post, on the side benefit of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ $2 million luxury coach, dubbed The Elegant Lady: “Her addition gives disillusioned Cowboys fans a new bus to throw Tony Romo under.”
• Mike Bianchi of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, taking a liking to the new America 12 Conference: “The league’s mascot should be Lady Liberty herself: ‘Give me your tired, your poor, your displaced Conference USA teams.’ “
• Times reader Bill Littlejohn, after the Steelers created $5.1 million in cap space by releasing hard-hitting linebacker LB James Harrison: “Or as commissioner Goodell sees it, about $2 million in fine space.”
L.A. Kings hosted Cap Night and L.A. forward Jeff Carter — caught up in the moment — scored a hat trick.
Can’t wait to see what he comes up with for All You Can Eat Night.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org