Arizona Wildcats freshman forward Aaron Gordon is expected to enter the NBA draft when he holds a news conference Tuesday to announces his future plans, according to several reports.
Gordon is projected as the No. 8 pick in the June NBA draft by Draft Express. If he’s drafted in that spot, he will receive about $5 million guaranteed over his first two seasons under the NBA’s rookie salary scale.
Gordon averaged 12.4 points and eight rebounds last season. Arizona junior guard Nick Johnson also is expected to declare for the draft, according to multiple sources. He led the Wildcats in scoring (16.3 points a game) last season and, according to several NBA executives, will likely be taken in the second round of the June 26 draft.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Want cheaper rent? Go vintage
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
• Jabari Parker said he plans to “set up an appointment” with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski when he returns to Durham, N.C., on Tuesday and he will decide Wednesday whether to declare for the NBA draft or return to college for his sophomore year.
Parker was in Oklahoma City to accept the Wayman Tisdale Award as college basketball’s top freshman. He says his decision will be based on where he can grow the most.
• Michigan State shooting guard Gary Harris is entering the NBA draft as a sophomore. Harris averaged a team-high 16.7 points last season, helping his team win 29 games, including the Big Ten tournament championship.
“It’s time to follow my dream,” Harris said in a statement released by the school.