See what you've started, Gregg Popovich? "This just in," wrote Brian Schmitz of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel. "The Rolling Stones announced...
See what you’ve started, Gregg Popovich?
“This just in,” wrote Brian Schmitz of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel. “The Rolling Stones announced they are holding out Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ron Wood for next Saturday’s concert at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
“They’re old and tired, and have been on the road forever.”
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message
Most Read Stories
• At Fark.com: “Unseen stories of hardship during the NHL lockout: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a new Zamboni-driver job in Nashville?”
• At TheOnion.com: “Vikings coach maintains confidence in Christian Ponder’s ability to hand ball to Adrian Peterson.”
Another hockey lockout
A department-store Santa in Toronto was fired after telling a 3-year-old boy wearing a Maple Leafs cap that “you shouldn’t be wearing that — they suck.”
So you see, kids, Santa Claus is not only real, he’s real honest.
When a fan near the green yells “Get in the hole!” he or she is imploring a golfer to put:
a) the ball in the cup.
b) the end of his broomstick putter into his belly button.
Maim That Tune Dept.
Among the best sports Christmas song titles, from SportsPickle.com:
• “O Little Town of Buffalo”
• “Coughlin, the Red-Nosed Head Coach”
• “Bettman Got Run Over by a Reindeer”
• “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Stern”
• Steve Schrader of the Detroit Free Press, after Lions running back Kevin Smith denied tweeting that he wants to play for the Dolphins: “Good thing, too, before the league fines him for tampering with himself.”
• NBC’s Jimmy Fallon, after the New Orleans Hornets chose Pelicans over Brass as the team’s new nickname: “Even celebrity babies are like, ‘These are AWFUL names.’ “
• Vancouver, B.C., comic Torben Rolfsen, on the biggest snag in Wisconsin hiring Boise State football coach Chris Petersen: “He’s insisting they paint the turf red.”
• Comedy writer Alex Kaseberg, after Washington state voters legalizing marijuana: “As a result, the University of Washington has changed its mascot from the Huskies to the Snoop Dogs.”
Caddies Grant Buchanan and Matt Kelly face probable fines from the PGA after resorting to fisticuffs near the putting green before the opening round of the Australian Open.
One reportedly landed three punches but said, “Put me down for a five.”
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org