Brace yourself, America, for a sudden shortage of green Lego bricks.
A master builder used 28,000 Legos to create a replica of Fenway Park — complete with the Green Monster, Pesky Pole and 800 fans in the stands — that measures 12 square feet and weighs 68 pounds.
It took 450 hours to complete — or roughly a Lego piece per minute.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Brewers fans apologize for Ryan Braun ovation: ‘We realize now we’ve made some mistakes.’ ”
• At TheOnion.com: “Buster Olney breaks in new microphone by tucking it under mattress for night.”
Know any old cheers?
What do you get when you cross a Ben-Gal with Ben-Gay?
Answer: Brenda Gold, who is trying out for the Cincinnati Bengals’ cheer squad — at age 54.
We’re No. 1
Seattle’s Safeco Field beat out Milwaukee’s Miller Park and Cincinnati’s Great American Ballpark for TheDailyMeal.com’s ranking of best ballparks for craft beer.
Even better, looks like they might have winning baseball on tap again.
Will jock for food
Did any pro athletes’ ears perk up when President Obama spoke about the importance of raising the minimum wage?
In the NBA, the minimum salary is $507,336 … $500,000 in Major League Baseball … $420,000 in the NFL …
Talking the talk
• Stanford women’s basketball coach Tara VanDerveer, to the San Francisco Chronicle, before losing 75-56 to UConn in the Final Four semis: “If we’re going to be somebody’s hors d’oeuvre, we’re not going to be swallowed easily.”
• Actor Mickey Rooney, who died this week at age 93, on the perils of gambling on the horses: “I lost a $2 bet 65 years ago and have spent about $3 million trying to get it back.”
• Steve Schrader of the Detroit Free Press, on plans for the upcoming wedding of Lions QB Matthew Stafford: “Don’t worry, Calvin Johnson will take care of the reception.”
• Eric Kolenich of the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch, after longtime Blue Devils assistant Steve Wojciechowski landed the top basketball job at Marquette: “That leaves Duke with only one coach whose name you can’t spell.”
Going, going, gone
M’s pitcher Hector Noesi threw just two pitches in the 12th inning in Anaheim, gave up a game-winning homer and was designated for assignment less than 16 hours later.
For those of you scoring at home, that’s one run, one hit and no Noesi.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org