Just call him Ice T. Chicago native and '80s TV icon Mr. T scored a winner on his third try in the Blackhawks' "Score From Center Ice" challenge...
Just call him Ice T.
Chicago native and ’80s TV icon Mr. T scored a winner on his third try in the Blackhawks’ “Score From Center Ice” challenge, sliding a puck into one of three slots in a target covering the goal during the second intermission of Tuesday’s game against Calgary.
Pity the fool who had to follow that act.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
The Yankees will open the season with $82 million in payroll — including Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson — parked on the disabled list.
What, did Joe Hardy sell his soul to the devil again?
Penn State football recruit Zayd Issah faces charges of forgery and theft by deception after trying to pass counterfeit money at McDonald’s.
Authorities say they’d never seen Joe Paterno’s face on a $5 bill before.
New bawl game
Rent-A-Mourner, a company in England, hires out trained funeral mourners.
In Chicago, they call those Cubs fans.
Arcangelo Bianco Jr. faces a bunch of charges after shooting at a deer — in the parking lot of a Pennsylvania Walmart.
The bag limit there, we assume, doesn’t specify paper or plastic.
“I have a chip on my shoulder — I may have a brick wall now” was famously uttered by:
a) Elvis Dumervil, after his odd exit from Denver.
b) Dwight Howard, on all his missed free throws.
Words to the wise
Stanford football coach David Shaw wants recruits with a good vocabulary.
Apparently ever since he saw Hank Stram’s old Kansas City Chiefs matriculating the ball down the field.
A man has won an $8,000 settlement from Disneyland after he got stuck on the “It’s a Small World” ride, but the pain nearly didn’t end there.
Disney asked if he’d take it in Astros season tickets.
• Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, on the U.S. going 0 for 3 in World Baseball Classics: “Wait. Didn’t we invent baseball? This would be like the NFL losing the Super Bowl to the Netherlands.”
• Headline at Fark.com: “USA defeats Mexico 0-0.”
• Blogger TC Chong, on Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield’s model wife: “Makes sense. Beaches and bikinis. I never noticed anything like that when I visited Gonzaga.”
Packing his wallet
QB Aaron Rodgers is apparently about to sign a record $25 million-a-year contract extension, but the Packers still got off lucky.
It was $27 mill before the discount double-check.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org