Follow our live coverage, analysis and commentary above as the Mariners (20-27) face the Nationals (28-17) in Washington D.C.
Athletics and medicine always have been reciprocal endeavors for the javelin thrower, who will spend the next few weeks finalizing his med school primary application. He also hopes to be preparing for the upcoming NCAA meet in Eugene, Ore.
Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family struggles with his passing
A cause of death of legendary Seahawk defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy may not be known for two-three months.
Kennedy, a Hall of Fame defensive tackle who was just 48 when he was found dead Tuesday in Orlando, filled up a room. But that embodied far more than just the reality of him being more than 300 pounds. “If you knew him, you were his friend,” a former Seahawks executive said.
- Seahawks bringing Colin Kaepernick, Austin Davis for visits Wednesday
- Poll: Who would you like to see the Seahawks use as Russell Wilson's backup quarterback this season? VIEW
- Top-ranked Washington women’s rowing team seeks first national title since 2001
- Tahoma’s 4×100 relay team looks to put state track and field record out of reach
- Rylie Wales hopes to muscle Snohomish to another state softball title
- Redmond boys claim first state golf championship
- University of Wyoming amateur rallies to win Washington Open
- Portland’s original ‘Timber Jim’ mascot doesn’t mind Sounders throwing some logs on a rivalry’s fire
Top Sports Stories
An ESPN story released Thursday morning reveals Richard Sherman's discontent with the Seahawks dates back to the Super Bowl loss to New England.
The Mariners have lost five straight games, scoring one run in each. WATCH
- Breakfast and baseball: Follow live as the M's take on the Nationals
- Mariners manager Scott Servais questions his team’s intensity following a 5-1 loss WATCH
- Gonzaga forward Johnathan Williams opts out of NBA draft
- Tacoma gets past Fresno, 5-3
- Mariners recall right-handed pitcher Rob Whalen from Class AAA Tacoma
- Richard Sherman announces one-year hiatus for celebrity softball game
- ESPN report says Richard Sherman still haunted by Super Bowl loss
- Watch: Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette reunited with paramedics who ‘saved my life’ in Dallas
- Poll: Who would you like to see as the Seahawks’ backup QB this season?
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
- Proposed KeyArena renovation timeline likely pushed back a year
- Seahawks, Mariners and Sounders demand binding deal for events at proposed Sodo arena
- Hard Count podcast: Comparing the Seattle arena plans
- Give architects a mission and some money, and KeyArena looks pretty good all of a sudden | Inside Sports Business
- Auburn Mountainview baseball player Seth Wood battled cancer with everything he had VIEW
- Ex-Seahawks coach Rocky Seto takes a leap of faith, leaving comforts of NFL for ministry
- How Rainier Beach raised $42K to save its baseball team and bought pride along with new jerseys VIEW
- How tiny Valley High took the 1936 state basketball tournament by storm
Most Read Stories
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48