The Seattle Times will highlight a 12th Fan of the Week through the season, and each fan will predict the outcome of the Seahawks game against a Seattle celebrity and Times reporters and columnists.
Name: Ruth Soto
Occupation: Bank teller and singer
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
Most Read Stories
Favorite Seahawk: Marshawn Lynch.
12th Man for: Four years.
Seahawks story: She has liked the Seahawks for a long time, but became a devoted fan four years ago when friends taught her about the game’s strategy.
Fast fact: A self-taught singer, Soto won the title “Seattle Pride Idol 2014,” at a talent competition held in conjunction with the Seattle Pride Parade. Watch her winning soulful rendition of “Summertime.”
Prediction: Seahawks 36, Packers 12. “I’m not real sure of the score, but I know we’re going to win.”
If you want to be considered for 12th Fan of the Week, tell us your story and view other 12th Man selections on our interactive map.