The Seattle Times will highlight a 12th Fan of the Week through the season, and each fan will predict the outcome of the Seahawks game against a Seattle celebrity and Times reporters and columnists.
Name: Ruth Soto
Occupation: Bank teller and singer
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Favorite Seahawk: Marshawn Lynch.
12th Man for: Four years.
Seahawks story: She has liked the Seahawks for a long time, but became a devoted fan four years ago when friends taught her about the game’s strategy.
Fast fact: A self-taught singer, Soto won the title “Seattle Pride Idol 2014,” at a talent competition held in conjunction with the Seattle Pride Parade. Watch her winning soulful rendition of “Summertime.”
Prediction: Seahawks 36, Packers 12. “I’m not real sure of the score, but I know we’re going to win.”
If you want to be considered for 12th Fan of the Week, tell us your story and view other 12th Man selections on our interactive map.