The Seattle Times will highlight a 12th Fan of the Week through the season, and each fan will predict the outcome of the Seahawks game against a Seattle celebrity and Times reporters and columnists.
Name: Ruth Soto
Occupation: Bank teller and singer
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
Most Read Stories
Favorite Seahawk: Marshawn Lynch.
12th Man for: Four years.
Seahawks story: She has liked the Seahawks for a long time, but became a devoted fan four years ago when friends taught her about the game’s strategy.
Fast fact: A self-taught singer, Soto won the title “Seattle Pride Idol 2014,” at a talent competition held in conjunction with the Seattle Pride Parade. Watch her winning soulful rendition of “Summertime.”
Prediction: Seahawks 36, Packers 12. “I’m not real sure of the score, but I know we’re going to win.”
If you want to be considered for 12th Fan of the Week, tell us your story and view other 12th Man selections on our interactive map.