The Seattle Times will highlight a 12th Fan of the Week through the season, and each fan will predict the outcome of the Seahawks game against a Seattle celebrity and Times reporters and columnists.
Name: Ruth Soto
Occupation: Bank teller and singer
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
Favorite Seahawk: Marshawn Lynch.
12th Man for: Four years.
Seahawks story: She has liked the Seahawks for a long time, but became a devoted fan four years ago when friends taught her about the game’s strategy.
Fast fact: A self-taught singer, Soto won the title “Seattle Pride Idol 2014,” at a talent competition held in conjunction with the Seattle Pride Parade. Watch her winning soulful rendition of “Summertime.”
Prediction: Seahawks 36, Packers 12. “I’m not real sure of the score, but I know we’re going to win.”
If you want to be considered for 12th Fan of the Week, tell us your story and view other 12th Man selections on our interactive map.