The Seattle Times will highlight a 12th Fan of the Week through the season, and each fan will predict the outcome of the Seahawks game against a Seattle celebrity and Times reporters and columnists.
Name: Ruth Soto
Occupation: Bank teller and singer
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
Favorite Seahawk: Marshawn Lynch.
12th Man for: Four years.
Seahawks story: She has liked the Seahawks for a long time, but became a devoted fan four years ago when friends taught her about the game’s strategy.
Fast fact: A self-taught singer, Soto won the title “Seattle Pride Idol 2014,” at a talent competition held in conjunction with the Seattle Pride Parade. Watch her winning soulful rendition of “Summertime.”
Prediction: Seahawks 36, Packers 12. “I’m not real sure of the score, but I know we’re going to win.”
If you want to be considered for 12th Fan of the Week, tell us your story and view other 12th Man selections on our interactive map.