A playoff-caliber team with a hole at shortstop is in trouble. That makes the spring battle between Brad Miller and Chris Taylor, who volleyed the job back and forth last year, of paramount importance.
- UW women’s basketball prevails over UCLA, 74-61 | Husky Women
- USC beats depleted Washington
- M's reliever Carson Smith hopes sidearm delivery is good enough to land roster spot
- Sunday’s poll: Best in the West
- Sounders draw 1-1 with Sporting Kansas City, conclude preseason winless against MLS foes
- Boys Basketball | Garfield beats Glacier Peak, 62-52
- Cleveland girls return to Tacoma Dome, look for 3-peat
- Huskies baseball sweeps twinbill
Sports Top Stories
The lone fir tree at Chambers Bay ready for its featured role come the U.S. Open in June
The Cougars, a heavy underdog, played a small lineup most of the night, never trailed and simply took the fight to the Zags, who saw a bunch of streaks end with a 73-70 loss.
- Brad Miller or Chris Taylor? The decision at shortstop key for M's | Larry Stone
- Andy Van Slyke’s strenuous spring regimen prepares Mariners outfielders for season
- Taijuan Walker eager to prove he belongs in M’s starting rotation | Larry Stone
- ‘Grateful’ Franklin Gutierrez tries to hang onto game he loves
Sports Photo Galleries
Seattle finished up the Desert Diamond Cup on Saturday with a 1-1 draw against Sporting Kansas City at Kino Sporting Complex, tying despite sustained pressure, a stronger starting lineup and a smooth finish from Obafemi Martins just after halftime. The Sounders conclude their preseason schedule winless against MLS opposition, with three losses to go along with...
Most Read Stories
Tia Presley scores 28 points to move into fourth place on WSU career scoring list