The Seattle Times’ 2015 all-area teams for boys basketball features five players and one coach.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: “He just doesn’t trust a lot of people”
- NFL salary cap set at just over $143 million
- Seahawks sign linebacker Mister Alexander
- Video and notes from the Mariners’ rain-shortened Monday workout
- Marshawn Lynch on Turkish TV: 'I was expecting the ball'
- The Mariners’ offense starts with Austin Jackson
- Monday’s poll
- Arena focus quickly shifts from NBA franchise to NHL | Inside Sports Business
Sports Top Stories
The 7-foot German native started four years at UW (1983-87) and led the Huskies to three NCAA tournament appearances. With Welp and Detlef Schrempf starring, Washington won the Pac-10 regular-season title in 1984 and ’85. Welp captured the Pac-10 Player of the Year award in 1986.
Dig a little deeper into the Baker story, and you find so many fascinating elements it’s hard to know where to begin.
Sports Photo Galleries
Seattle finished up the Desert Diamond Cup on Saturday with a 1-1 draw against Sporting Kansas City at Kino Sporting Complex, tying despite sustained pressure, a stronger starting lineup and a smooth finish from Obafemi Martins just after halftime. The Sounders conclude their preseason schedule winless against MLS opposition, with three losses to go along with...
Most Read Stories
- Sunday night notes: Rosters could expand, and Hanye set to announce choice this week
- Fans still reeling from Super Bowl ticket nightmare
- Arizona Cardinals let defensive tackle Darnell Dockett test free-agency market
- Rugby League star Jarryd Hayne still exploring options, Seahawks apparently still in the mix
Norman Powell scored a career-high 28 points to lead UCLA to a 72-67 victory over Washington State in Pac-12 basketball.
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
With NBA expansion not on the horizon and no team expected to move, potential NHL owner groups could be forced to play their hand on any potential new arena.
Elgin Cook scored 21 points and the Oregon Ducks beat host Stanford 73-70 to clinch a first-round bye in the upcoming Pac-12 tournament.