The Mariners aren’t so talented that they can steal wins playing less than their best. “Baseball is a great game,” said M’s manager Scott Servais. “But on many days it can be very cruel.”
- Sounders fall 2-1 to San Jose in U.S. Open Cup
- Reign continues to reign at home, running unbeaten streak to 12
- Enjoyable new book on legendary Mariners broadcaster Dave Niehaus is swung on, belted deep
- Despite program’s rise, UW’s Chris Petersen continues search for ‘underrated’ recruits
- Seahawk Michael Bennett announces new initiative to help educate African girls
- Zach LaVine of Chicago Bulls on returning from injury: ‘I’m very confident that I’ll come back better’
- Sounders’ attack will get crowded, but will it get better?
- Just like old times, Gonzaga tops Washington in alumni game at Hoopfest
Top Sports Stories
Smyly is tentatively scheduled to undergo the procedure on July 6 WATCH
One NFL writer says defensive end Cliff Avril is the most underpaid veteran on the Seattle Seahawks.
- Edwin Diaz gives up two in the ninth, Mariners get swept by Phillies VIEW
- Mariners manager Scott Servais discusses the struggles of Edwin Diaz and four-game losing streak WATCH
- Mariners lefty Drew Smyly to undergo season-ending ‘Tommy John’ surgery on his elbow WATCH
- Poll: With Drew Smyly out for the year, do the M’s need to trade for another starting pitcher?
- Rainiers’ Daniel Vogelbach, Jean Machi earn spots in Triple-A All-Star Game
- Woodinville pitcher Taylor Rhinehart named state’s Gatorade Softball Player of the Year
- Q&A: Garfield High student talks about winning Black Education Matters Activist award
- East vs. West All-State football game set for Friday
- Woodinville softball, Puyallup baseball finish seasons ranked among the nation’s best
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
- Slick Watts at 65: Forever a Sonic, famously accessible
- Auburn Mountainview baseball player Seth Wood battled cancer with everything he had VIEW
- Ex-Seahawks coach Rocky Seto takes a leap of faith, leaving comforts of NFL for ministry
- How Rainier Beach raised $42K to save its baseball team and bought pride along with new jerseys VIEW
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies
Elena Delle Donne scored a game-high 25 points to lead the Washington Mystics to a 100-70 win over the Seattle Storm on Tuesday. Crystal Langhorne led Seattle with 15 points.