The Apple Cup is at its best when the Huskies and Cougars are playing at a high level. And under the tutelage of Chris Petersen and Mike Leach, both programs appear to be trending upward.
- UW coach Chris Petersen gets a two-year contract extension
- Why WSU QB Peyton Bender is a more than capable backup for the Cougars
- Frank Gifford’s family says Hall of Famer had signs of CTE in brain
- This Husky is a football player and a microbiologist
- Marshawn Lynch has sports hernia surgery, could return in 3-4 weeks
- What concussion testing did Luke Falk have to go through?
- What do the Seahawks need to do to beat the Steelers?
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Top Sports Stories
The Cougars opened as six-point underdogs against the Huskies on Wednesday. Why? Perhaps because of the uncertainty surrounding QB Luke Falk?
The Seattle Seahawks' playoff odds improved markedly with the events of last weekend.
- Seattle Sounders to return to Tucson for 2016 preseason Desert Friendlies
- Q&A with coach Sigi Schmid as Sounders plot offseason path
- Portland Timbers beat FC Dallas 3-1 in first leg of Major League Soccer Western Conference finals
- Seattle selected as one of 10 host cities for Copa America Centenario
- Seattle Mariners’ Danny Hultzen clears waivers, outrighted to Class AAA Tacoma
- These guys are Vegas stars, but it’s not likely they’ll be headlining any casino shows | Sideline Chatter | Dwight Perry
- Mariners sign catcher Chris Iannetta to 1-year contract
- Former Seattle Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon hired to manage Detroit Tigers’ Class AAA affiliate
- Seattle Seahawks’ top 40 players, Seattle Sounders’ playoff loss: Times readers sound off
- What Seattle's rich sports history teaches us about the present | Take 2
- Take 2: How a coach's kindness overshadowed a moment of defeat
- ‘Dirty’ block on Ricardo Lockette, prep football prayers: Seattle Times readers sound off
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Cristie Kerr was the player of the week. Lydia Ko was the LPGA Tour player of the year and pocketed another $1 million bonus. Inbee Park of South Korea will be in the Hall of Fame if she completes her 10th season on Tour next year.