Tyrone Mears turned what would have been a hugely frustrating draw into a momentum-reversing victory with a single swing of his leg.
- Former Sounder DeAndre Yedlin at center of latest dispute over solidarity payments
- Where to watch the Women’s World Cup final
- Three Huskies crews advance at Henley
- Mariners’ roster moves have Iwakuma starting Monday
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Saturday’s poll: Toughest test — Serena, Solo or Rousey?
- Lynx break away in second half, beat Storm 82-57
- A-Rod gets 3,000 ball, resolves bonus
Top Sports Stories
Felix Hernandez (10-4, 305 ERA) takes the hill for the Mariners on Independence Day against Kendall Graveman (5-4, 3.47 ERA) and the A's.
The Women’s World Cup final between the U.S. and Japan on Sunday in Vancouver, B.C., is a popular ticket, reflecting the growing popularity of the sport in America.
The Washington men’s rowing teams won all three of their races Friday at the Henley Royal Regatta in England.
Sue Bird had 10 points, all in the first half, and six assists, and Crystal Langhorne 10 points and eight rebounds for the Storm (3-8), who trailed by one point at halftime.
Jhonattan Vegas and Scott Langley are tied for the lead at 9-under 131 after two rounds of The Greenbrier Classic. Seven players are at 8 under.
The Seattle Times Presents
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Curt Clauson tosses javelin 229 feet, 9 inches, misses eighth place by an inch
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash