For the first time, the Wilson image is absorbing some serious puncture wounds. That’s what happens when money and contract negotiations rear their ugly headlines.
- Sounders hope to start anew in July after rough June
- Storm might rest veteran Sue Bird more frequently
- Thursday notes: Seahawks escape suspension binge, NFL.com ranks Carroll, and more
- Packers replace Seahawks as Bovada Super Bowl favorites
- Nadal stunned by Dustin Brown in 2nd round at Wimbledon
- Despite pitching a gem, Taijuan Walker didn’t mind being pulled
- UW men’s crew starts Henley Royal Regatta with a victory
- Storm vet Sue Bird and rookie Ramu Tokashiki among top Western Conference All-Star vote-getters
Top Sports Stories
The Mariners, who had won two straight games, were shut out for the eighth time this season.
The Mariners have 10 days to trade Bloomquist, send him to the minors or release him, but have already called up shortstop Chris Taylor from Class AAA Tacoma on Thursday.
The Huskies earn an easy victory over Collingwood College in the Visitors’ Challenge Cup on the River Thames in England.
The 14-year veteran returned to the Storm’s lineup for Tuesday’s home win against Tulsa. Bird did not play Sunday in Tulsa to rest her body and could miss a game during the team’s three-game trip that begins Friday at Minnesota (7-2).
The Seattle Times Presents
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Curt Clauson tosses javelin 229 feet, 9 inches, misses eighth place by an inch
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made