Carli Lloyd netted the fastest hat trick in World Cup history, male or female.
- Carli Lloyd finals captain for World Cup
- U.S. soccer star Carli Lloyd is determined goal-scorer
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung’s future, Cliff Avril’s role
- Gametime, a mobile-phone application designed to simplify the purchase of last-minute tickets, aims to capture a share of the ticket-resale industry
- Monday’s poll: Are you more likely to attend a women’s soccer match since the U.S. won the World Cup?
- Mariners’ Nelson Cruz gives Seattle fans credit for All-Star honor as designated hitter
- Washington men capture Prince Albert Challenge Cup at Henley Royal Regatta
- Storm’s late rally falls short in Atlanta
Top Sports Stories
Mike Montgomery earns his third consecutive victory, and Seth Smith’s two-run single provided the difference.
Area fans back rout and some say they plan to continue the support at Seattle Reign FC matches.
The victory in men’s coxed four gives the Huskies eight titles in their 13 trips to the regatta on the River Thames.
Seattle falls to 1-6 on road after 72-64 loss.
Danny Lee was overcome with nerves after qualifying for a four-man playoff at The Greenbrier Classic.
The Seattle Times Presents
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Curt Clauson tosses javelin 229 feet, 9 inches, misses eighth place by an inch