What is sexual misconduct? Any sexual or romantic behavior, physical or verbal, between a health-care practitioner and a patient, or a patient's...
What is sexual misconduct?
Any sexual or romantic behavior, physical or verbal, between a health-care practitioner and a patient, or a patient’s representative. It can occur inside or outside the professional setting.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
Most Read Stories
• Lacks a private area in which the patient can undress.
• Refuses to provide a chaperone, or allow a family member or friend to be present.
• Does not use surgical gloves during physical exams.
• Makes unusual personal disclosures.
• Offers to meet outside the office.
How to check a provider’s Washington disciplinary record
For a record of disciplinary actions and complaints call the quality-assurance program at 360-236-4700. Or go online to http://www.doh.wa.gov and click on “Provider Credential Search.”
What to do
Anyone may report professional misconduct by contacting the Health Department at 360-236-4700.