What is sexual misconduct? Any sexual or romantic behavior, physical or verbal, between a health-care practitioner and a patient, or a patient's...
What is sexual misconduct?
Any sexual or romantic behavior, physical or verbal, between a health-care practitioner and a patient, or a patient’s representative. It can occur inside or outside the professional setting.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
• Lacks a private area in which the patient can undress.
• Refuses to provide a chaperone, or allow a family member or friend to be present.
• Does not use surgical gloves during physical exams.
• Makes unusual personal disclosures.
• Offers to meet outside the office.
How to check a provider’s Washington disciplinary record
For a record of disciplinary actions and complaints call the quality-assurance program at 360-236-4700. Or go online to http://www.doh.wa.gov and click on “Provider Credential Search.”
What to do
Anyone may report professional misconduct by contacting the Health Department at 360-236-4700.