For the “Confronting Malaria” series, reporter Sandi Doughton and photographer Steve Ringman spent three weeks reporting from Europe and Africa. They visited GlaxoSmithKline’s vaccine division near Brussels, Belgium; the site of vaccine field trials and a malaria-research lab in Tanzania; Zambia’s National Malaria Control Centre; and several hospital and clinics in the two African countries.
Reporters: Sandi Doughton, Kristi Heim
Photographer: Steve Ringman
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
Project editor: Jim Simon
Photo editor: Fred Nelson
Graphic artist: Mark Nowlin
Print designer: Denise Clifton
News desk editor: Jerry Holloron
Online producer: Tiffany Campbell
Online designer: Will Bassin