Down to the wire With just two shopping days left before Christmas, many retailers will be open late tonight. But tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and many will close early, including...
Down to the wire
With just two shopping days left before Christmas, many retailers will be open late tonight. But tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and many will close early, including major shopping malls, which are closing by 6 p.m.
What will be open, closed:
* Most banks and credit unions will close early tomorrow and will be closed Christmas Day.
* Bus service: Metro Transit (206-553-3000) will operate on a Sunday schedule tomorrow and Christmas Day. Metro’s waterfront streetcar will operate on a Sunday schedule tomorrow and will be closed Christmas Day. The downtown Seattle bus tunnel will be closed tomorrow and Saturday. Sound Transit Regional Express will operate on a modified schedule tomorrow and a Sunday schedule on Christmas Day. The Sounder commuter train will not run tomorrow or Saturday.
Boeing bus service is canceled tomorrow and Saturday. Community Transit will be on a Saturday schedule tomorrow and Saturday. Pierce Transit will operate regular service tomorrow and on a Sunday schedule Christmas Day.
Pierce Transit will offer local rides for free on Christmas Day. Everett Transit will operate regular hours tomorrow and on a Sunday schedule Christmas Day.
* Puget Sound Blood Center, at 921 Terry Ave. on First Hill in Seattle, will be open regular hours, noon to 8 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow.
The blood center also has branches in North Seattle, Bellevue, Tukwila, Lynnwood and Everett. Hours today vary. But all blood centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, and all centers will be closed on Christmas Day. Information: 800-398-7888.
* Garbage collection in Seattle will be on a regular schedule tomorrow and Saturday; transfer stations will be open tomorrow, but closed Saturday.
* Government offices: Most will be closed tomorrow and Christmas Day.
* State ferries on the San Juan Island routes and Port Townsend/Keystone route will follow the regular schedule tomorrow and Christmas Day. Mukilteo/Clinton and Point Defiance/Tahlequah route will run the holiday schedule tomorrow with extra runs, and will run on a regular Saturday schedule on Christmas Day. Seattle/Bainbridge will be on a holiday schedule tomorrow and a regular Saturday schedule Christmas Day. Edmonds/Kingston will operate on a Saturday schedule tomorrow and Christmas Day.
Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth and the Seattle/Bremerton route will be on a regular schedule tomorrow and a Saturday schedule on Christmas Day. Information: 888-808-7977.
* All Seattle and King County public-library branches will be closed tomorrow and Christmas Day. Sno-Isle libraries will close early tomorrow and will be closed Christmas Day.
* Post offices will have regular hours today and tomorrow, but no service on Christmas Day. Mail carriers will be making regular home deliveries today and tomorrow, but there will be no delivery on Christmas Day.
* State liquor stores will close at 6 p.m. tomorrow, and all stores will be closed on Christmas Day.
Here & Now is compiled by Seattle Times staff reporter Charles E. Brown and news assistant Suesan Whitney Henderson. To submit an item, e-mail email@example.com or call 206-464-2226.