Here are some holiday closures (and service changes) for the New Year's Day holiday.
Here’s a look at closures and service changes for the New Year’s Day holiday:
• Parking in Seattle is free Tuesday.
• No garbage, food- and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle on Tuesday. Collections for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be one day later. There also are no collections in Bellevue on Tuesday.
• Metro will operate buses on a Sunday schedule on Tuesday. Details are online: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed Tuesday.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holiday, but community centers will be closed Tuesday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry is increasing its morning departures from Seattle to Victoria, B.C., and adding noon departures Tuesday and Wednesday.