Here are some holiday closures (and service changes) for the New Year's Day holiday.
Here’s a look at closures and service changes for the New Year’s Day holiday:
• Parking in Seattle is free Tuesday.
• No garbage, food- and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle on Tuesday. Collections for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be one day later. There also are no collections in Bellevue on Tuesday.
• Metro will operate buses on a Sunday schedule on Tuesday. Details are online: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed Tuesday.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holiday, but community centers will be closed Tuesday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry is increasing its morning departures from Seattle to Victoria, B.C., and adding noon departures Tuesday and Wednesday.