Here's a list of what's open and closed on Monday, the Memorial Day holiday.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Monday, the Memorial Day holiday.
• On a day of remembrance, most cemeteries will be open from dawn to dusk.
• Street parking is free Monday at Seattle’s parking meters and pay stations.
• Most banks and credit unions closed.
Most Read Stories
• Most government offices closed.
• Post offices closed; no home mail delivery.
• Schools and public libraries closed.
• Most state-run liquor stores will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For a list of stores open on Monday, go to www.liq.wa.gov.
• Residential garbage pickup on regular schedules; city transfer stations open.
• Most Metro Transit service on Sunday schedules, except for the Elliott Bay Water Taxi, which is on its Saturday schedule. Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel closed.
• Everett Transit and Community Transit will operate on Sunday schedules; commuter and Boeing buses not in service. The Sounder commuter rail will not operate.
• State ferries: Extra service will be added on the Anacortes/San Juan Islands routes. The holiday schedule will be in effect on the following routes: Point Defiance-Tahlequah, Seattle-Bainbridge Island, Edmonds-Kingston and Mukilteo-Clinton. No passenger-only service between Seattle and Vashon Island. The 9:20 p.m. sailing out of Kingston and the 10 p.m. departure from Edmonds are canceled due to the schedule for temporary service between Port Townsend and Edmonds. For information: 888-808-7977 or www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries.