Here's what's open and closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
What’s open and closed today, the holiday honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:
• Most schools and government offices will be closed, but many businesses will be open. Many workers do not have the day off as a holiday.
• Most Metro buses will operate with a reduced weekday schedule, featuring more services than on weekends but somewhat less than normal weekdays, with some route or individual trip cancellations.
• Everett Transit and Pierce Transit will be on regular weekday schedules.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
• Snohomish County’s Community Transit local buses and most commuter weekday service will be on regular schedules, but some commuter trips will be reduced or canceled because of expected low ridership.
• Sound Transit will be on holiday schedule. Sound Transit Express buses and Tacoma Link rail trains will be on regular weekday schedule.
• State ferries will be on regular weekday schedules.
• Some basic services, such as garbage pickup, will be on regular schedules, and Seattle’s transfer and recycling stations will be open.
• Most banks and credit unions will be closed.
• Post offices will be closed; no home delivery except for express mail.
• Public libraries and state-owned liquor stores will be closed.