For the Christmas holiday, some businesses and most public services will keep limited hours Sunday and Monday.
For the Christmas holiday, some businesses and most public services will keep limited hours over the weekend. A list of what’s open and closed through Monday, Dec. 26:
• Parking is free Sunday and Monday.
• All state liquor stores are closed Sunday. Most are open Monday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For an online list of the stores open Monday, go to bit.ly/sg1qMo.
• Garbage- and recycling-pickup schedules in Seattle, Bellevue and many other municipalities are unchanged. Customers who subscribe to curbside food- and yard-waste pickup services in Seattle can include Christmas trees and greens to be hauled away for free from Dec. 26 to Jan. 8.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks’ training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
• Metro bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule on Dec. 25, Dec. 26, Jan. 1 and Jan 2. The bus routes will operate on a reduced weekday schedule Dec. 27-30. For more information, go to 1.usa.gov/tCuJzN.
• Washington state ferry routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton and Point Defiance-Tahlequah will operate on reduced holiday/weekend schedules Monday.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed Monday in observance of the federal holiday.
• Some grocery stores are open for limited hours Christmas Day. For QFC stores open on Christmas, go to bit.ly/fmB56U. Some Safeway stores will be open; call individual stores for details.
• Seattle park hours are unchanged for the holidays, but community centers will be closed Monday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry is doubling its trips to Victoria, B.C., between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.