Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a federal, state and Seattle city holiday. Here’s what’s open and closed, and which schedules have changed.
• Parking on Seattle streets is free.
• Washington State Ferries will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• Public schools are closed.
Most Read Stories
• Garbage and recycling-pickup schedules in Seattle and Bellevue are unchanged.
• U.S. post offices are closed. There will be no mail delivery.
• Most banks and credit unions are closed.
• Metro bus routes will operate on a reduced weekday schedule. For route information, and to sign up for route-change alerts, go to kingcounty.gov/metro.
• Sound Transit Link ST Express Bus and Sounder train will be on normal weekday schedules.
• The Central Link Light Rail will be on Saturday schedule, and the Tacoma Link light rail will be on Sunday schedule. Check with soundtransit.org for more information.
• Community Transit: Local buses within Snohomish County will operate on regular schedules Monday. Commuter service to and from downtown Seattle and the University District will be reduced. For more information go to communitytransit.org.
• Seattle Public Library locations and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed. Because of server maintenance, some online services will be unavailable.
• Seattle Parks and Recreation Community Centers and pools will be closed.