Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving holiday:
•On-street parking is free in Seattle on Thursday.
Friday is a regular weekday so drivers must pay on Friday.
•In Seattle and Bellevue, garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will not be picked up. Collections scheduled for Thursday will occur on Friday, and Friday collections will occur on Saturday due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please be sure to have your containers out by 7 a.m. to ensure collection. Seattle Transfer stations are also closed. Transfer stations reopen Friday.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Video captures fiery lava explosion at Hawaii volcano
Most Read Stories
•Most major banks and credit unions are closed on Thursday.
•All U.S. post offices are closed Thanksgiving Day.
•King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
On Friday, buses will run on a reduced weekday schedule, with no UW campus service.
For other bus schedules in the area, go to these links:
•Washington State Ferries – some routes will be on a Saturday schedule and some will remain on a weekday schedule. Consult route schedules at wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/
•Seattle Neighborhood Service Centers (seattle.gov/neighborhood-service-centers) are closed from Thursday, Nov. 28, through Sunday, Dec. 1. The six centers are in Ballard, Delridge, Southeast, University, Central, and Lake City.