Schools are closed Monday for the Presidents Day holiday (the legal name of the federal holiday remains “Washington’s Birthday”), and parking on Seattle streets is free.
• U.S. post offices are closed. There will be no mail delivery.
• Most banks and credit unions are closed.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
• King County and City of Seattle government offices will be closed.
• Washington State Ferries will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• Most Metro Transit buses will operate on a normal weekday schedule. Water taxis will not operate. Find more information at http://metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html
• Sound Transit Link ST Express Bus and Sounder trains will be on normal weekday schedules.
• Central Link light-rail trains will be on a Saturday schedule, and the Tacoma Link light rail will be on a Sunday schedule. Check with soundtransit.org for more information.
• Community Transit: All local buses, including Boeing service, will operate on regular schedules. Monday is also the first day of Community Transit’s service change. Please check new Bus Plus books or the new schedules online, as trip times may have changed. For more information go to communitytransit.org .
• Garbage- and recycling-pickup schedules in Seattle and Bellevue are unchanged. Transfer stations will be open.
• Seattle Public Library locations and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed.
• All King County Library System libraries will be closed.
• Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers and pools will be closed.