Here’s a guide to what’s open, closed or operating on different schedules on the Labor Day holiday, Monday, Sept. 1:
• Seattle street parking is free.
• Most banks and credit unions: Closed.
• Most government offices: Closed.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
• Post offices: Closed on Monday; no home mail delivery.
• Schools and public libraries: Closed.
• King County Metro Transit:
Buses, Central Link light rail and Elliott Bay Water Taxi will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. There is no Vashon Island Water Taxi service on the holiday.
All Metro offices will be closed Monday, including the customer-information phone lines.
Metro information online: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/
• Sound Transit: There is no Sounder commuter rail service on Monday. Central Link and Tacoma Link light rail and some bus routes will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Some bus routes will have no service on Monday, Sept. 1. Check here: http://soundtransit.org/
• Pierce Transit: Local bus service and the SHUTTLE paratransit service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Pierce Transit administrative offices will be closed. http://www.piercetransit.org/
• Community Transit: Buses will not operate Sunday or Monday. http://www.commtrans.org/
• Seattle garbage, food and yard waste and recycling collections will be on normal schedule for Labor Day. http://www.seattle.gov/util
• Washington State Ferries: updated state ferry information can be found here: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/. Several ferries are running on Sunday or holiday schedules on Monday, so be sure to check if your route is affected.