Here’s a guide to what’s open, closed or operating on different schedules on the Labor Day holiday, Monday, Sept. 1:
• Seattle street parking is free.
• Most banks and credit unions: Closed.
• Most government offices: Closed.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
• Post offices: Closed on Monday; no home mail delivery.
• Schools and public libraries: Closed.
• King County Metro Transit:
Buses, Central Link light rail and Elliott Bay Water Taxi will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. There is no Vashon Island Water Taxi service on the holiday.
All Metro offices will be closed Monday, including the customer-information phone lines.
Metro information online: metro.kingcounty.gov/
• Sound Transit: There is no Sounder commuter-rail service on Monday. Central Link and Tacoma Link light rail and some bus routes will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Some bus routes will have no service Monday, Sept. 1. Check here: www.soundtransit.org.
• Pierce Transit: Local bus service and the SHUTTLE paratransit service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Pierce Transit administrative offices will be closed. www.piercetransit.org.
• Community Transit: Buses will not operate Sunday or Monday. www.commtrans.org.
• Seattle garbage, food and yard-waste and recycling collections will be on normal schedule for Monday. www.seattle.gov/util.
• Washington State Ferries: Updated information can be found here: . Several ferries are running on Sunday or holiday schedules on Monday, so be sure to check if your route is affected.