Here are the holiday closures (and service changes) for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
• Parking in Seattle is free on Christmas Day (Wednesday) and New Year’s Day (the next Wednesday).
• No garbage, food and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle on either Wednesday or the next Wednesday. Recycling and disposal stations also will be closed on both days. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be collected one day later than usual each week because of the holidays. There are no collections in Bellevue on Christmas or New Year’s Day.
• Sounder commuter rail will not operate on Wednesday or next Wednesday. Link Light Rail will operate on a Sunday schedule on both days. Some ST Express bus routes will not operate and others will be on a Sunday schedule. Details are at bit.ly/1eB6NKI
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
• On Christmas Eve (Tuesday), Metro will operate on a reduced weekday bus service, and on Wednesday and the next Wednesday, Metro will operate buses on a Sunday schedule. Transit also will be on reduced weekday service Thursday through Monday. Details are at 1.usa.gov/18ICb7o.
• Washington State Ferries routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton, Point Defiance-Tahlequah will operate on weekend schedules Wednesday and next Wednesday. The Edmonds-Kingston route will operate on a special holiday schedule on Christmas, but not on New Year’s Day. Check the Washington State Ferries website: bit.ly/1gSZHRO.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed both Wednesdays, in observance of the federal holidays.
• Some grocery stores are open for limited hours Wednesday. Call individual stores for details.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holidays, but community centers will be closed both Wednesdays.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry will have no service on Wednesday, but will have increased departures from Friday through Monday. It will operate on a regular schedule on Jan. 1.