Here are the holiday closures and service changes for the New Year’s holiday.
• Street parking in Seattle is free.
• In Seattle, no garbage, food and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be one day later than usual. Recycling and disposal stations are closed. There are no collections in Bellevue on New Year’s Day.
• Sounder commuter rail will not operate Wednesday. Link Light Rail will operate on a Sunday schedule. Some ST Express bus routes will not operate, and others will be on a Sunday schedule. Details are at bit.ly/1eB6NKI.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
• King County Metro Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule. Details are at 1.usa.gov/18ICb7o.
• Ferry routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton and Point Defiance-Tahlequah will be on a holiday schedule.
Edmonds-Kingston, Seattle-Bremerton, Fauntleroy-Vashon and Port Townsend-Coupeville routes will operate on regular weekday schedules. Check the Washington State Ferries website: bit.ly/1gSZHRO.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions are closed.
• Many grocery stores and department stores are open. Call individual stores for details.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged, but community centers will be closed Wednesday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry will operate on a regular schedule.