Here are the holiday closures and service changes for the New Year’s holiday.
• Street parking in Seattle is free.
• In Seattle, no garbage, food and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be one day later than usual. Recycling and disposal stations are closed. There are no collections in Bellevue on New Year’s Day.
• Sounder commuter rail will not operate Wednesday. Link Light Rail will operate on a Sunday schedule. Some ST Express bus routes will not operate, and others will be on a Sunday schedule. Details are at bit.ly/1eB6NKI.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
• King County Metro Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule. Details are at 1.usa.gov/18ICb7o.
• Ferry routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton and Point Defiance-Tahlequah will be on a holiday schedule.
Edmonds-Kingston, Seattle-Bremerton, Fauntleroy-Vashon and Port Townsend-Coupeville routes will operate on regular weekday schedules. Check the Washington State Ferries website: bit.ly/1gSZHRO.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions are closed.
• Many grocery stores and department stores are open. Call individual stores for details.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged, but community centers will be closed Wednesday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry will operate on a regular schedule.