The NFL kicks off its season in Seattle with Gameday Village. It’s free and will be open to fans 10 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Thursday in Pioneer Square. It features an autograph stage with NFL legends, a zone geared toward kids, and an array of interactive opportunities for fans.
At 4:30 p.m., Pharrell Williams and Seattle’s own Soundgarden will perform from a stage in the north lot at CenturyLink Field.
Fans do not need tickets to attend the free concert. The concert entrance opens at 2:30 p.m. Fans may enter the concert site from Second Avenue and South King Street and watch the performances from the north lot.
All fans and carried items are subject to search. Upon entry, fans will be directed to designated viewing areas. Access to those areas is first-come, first-served. Re-entry into the viewing areas is not permitted.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Portable restrooms will be available for concert attendees. Bottled water will be available for purchase inside the viewing areas.
A screening of “America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks” will begin at about 2:30 p.m.
Fans planning to attend events during 2014 NFL Kickoff are encouraged to follow @NFL345 for the most up-to-date information. Details: www.seahawks.com/kickoff