Thanks to the Seahawks’ Super Bowl win, the NFL is officially kicking off the football season this week in Seattle.
The NFL GameDay Village in Pioneer Square is free and will be open to fans 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Thursday. It will feature an autograph stage with NFL legends, a zone geared toward kids and NFL Play 60, and interactive opportunities for fans.
At 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Pharrell Williams and Seattle’s own Soundgarden will play a pregame concert in the north lot at CenturyLink Field. Fans do not need tickets to attend the free show.
The concert entrance is scheduled to open to the public at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Fans may enter from Second Avenue South and South King Street and watch the performances from the north lot.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
All people and carried items are subject to search. Upon entry, fans will be directed to designated viewing areas; access is first-come, first-served.
Re-entry into the concert areas is not permitted. Portable restrooms will be available, and bottled water will be sold inside the concert gates.
A screening of “America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks” will begin at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Fans planning to attend events during 2014 NFL Kickoff are encouraged to follow @NFL345 for the most up-to-date information. Details: www.seahawks.com/kickoff.