Thanks to the Seahawks’ Super Bowl win, the NFL is officially kicking off the football season this week in Seattle.
The NFL GameDay Village in Pioneer Square is free and will be open to fans 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Thursday. It will feature an autograph stage with NFL legends, a zone geared toward kids and NFL Play 60, and interactive opportunities for fans.
At 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Pharrell Williams and Seattle’s own Soundgarden will play a pregame concert in the north lot at CenturyLink Field. Fans do not need tickets to attend the free show.
The concert entrance is scheduled to open to the public at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Fans may enter from Second Avenue South and South King Street and watch the performances from the north lot.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
All people and carried items are subject to search. Upon entry, fans will be directed to designated viewing areas; access is first-come, first-served.
Re-entry into the concert areas is not permitted. Portable restrooms will be available, and bottled water will be sold inside the concert gates.
A screening of “America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks” will begin at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Fans planning to attend events during 2014 NFL Kickoff are encouraged to follow @NFL345 for the most up-to-date information. Details: www.seahawks.com/kickoff.