Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington's largest mental institution.
Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington’s largest mental institution.
KUOW reports ( http://is.gd/MZlaJ1) Jamieson announced his resignation Tuesday to the staff at the Lakewood hospital.
Spokeswoman Chris Flowers said Wednesday it was a personal decision. Jamieson said he’s taking a “professional pause,” and he and his wife decided to carry out long-standing plans to move to Portland.
Jamieson says running Western State is a very challenging job. The hospital had a homicide and suicide this spring. Patient assaults on staff and understaffing are recurring problems.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Information from: KUOW-FM, http://www.kuow.org/