Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington's largest mental institution.
Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington’s largest mental institution.
KUOW reports ( http://is.gd/MZlaJ1) Jamieson announced his resignation Tuesday to the staff at the Lakewood hospital.
Spokeswoman Chris Flowers said Wednesday it was a personal decision. Jamieson said he’s taking a “professional pause,” and he and his wife decided to carry out long-standing plans to move to Portland.
Jamieson says running Western State is a very challenging job. The hospital had a homicide and suicide this spring. Patient assaults on staff and understaffing are recurring problems.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
Information from: KUOW-FM, http://www.kuow.org/