Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington's largest mental institution.
Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington’s largest mental institution.
KUOW reports ( http://is.gd/MZlaJ1) Jamieson announced his resignation Tuesday to the staff at the Lakewood hospital.
Spokeswoman Chris Flowers said Wednesday it was a personal decision. Jamieson said he’s taking a “professional pause,” and he and his wife decided to carry out long-standing plans to move to Portland.
Jamieson says running Western State is a very challenging job. The hospital had a homicide and suicide this spring. Patient assaults on staff and understaffing are recurring problems.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
Most Read Stories
Information from: KUOW-FM, http://www.kuow.org/