Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington's largest mental institution.
Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington’s largest mental institution.
KUOW reports ( http://is.gd/MZlaJ1) Jamieson announced his resignation Tuesday to the staff at the Lakewood hospital.
Spokeswoman Chris Flowers said Wednesday it was a personal decision. Jamieson said he’s taking a “professional pause,” and he and his wife decided to carry out long-standing plans to move to Portland.
Jamieson says running Western State is a very challenging job. The hospital had a homicide and suicide this spring. Patient assaults on staff and understaffing are recurring problems.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Information from: KUOW-FM, http://www.kuow.org/