Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington's largest mental institution.
Jess Jamieson is resigning as chief executive officer of Western State Hospital after three years running Washington’s largest mental institution.
KUOW reports ( http://is.gd/MZlaJ1) Jamieson announced his resignation Tuesday to the staff at the Lakewood hospital.
Spokeswoman Chris Flowers said Wednesday it was a personal decision. Jamieson said he’s taking a “professional pause,” and he and his wife decided to carry out long-standing plans to move to Portland.
Jamieson says running Western State is a very challenging job. The hospital had a homicide and suicide this spring. Patient assaults on staff and understaffing are recurring problems.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
Information from: KUOW-FM, http://www.kuow.org/