OLYMPIA — Officials say the winner of Washington state’s $157 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot earlier this month has come forward to claim the prize.
Washington Lottery officials say Michael Burkett presented the winning ticket Thursday at lottery offices in Olympia.
Officials say he bought the $5 ticket from a 7-Eleven in West Seattle. The jackpot had been unclaimed since the March 8 drawing.
Burkett chose to receive the winnings in a one-time cash payment option before taxes of $102.8 million, officials said.
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Officials say once he realized he’d won, Burkett bought a gaming computer. They say he’s also eying the purchase of an electric Tesla car.