OLYMPIA — Officials say the winner of Washington state’s $157 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot earlier this month has come forward to claim the prize.
Washington Lottery officials say Michael Burkett presented the winning ticket Thursday at lottery offices in Olympia.
Officials say he bought the $5 ticket from a 7-Eleven in West Seattle. The jackpot had been unclaimed since the March 8 drawing.
Burkett chose to receive the winnings in a one-time cash payment option before taxes of $102.8 million, officials said.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Complete coverage: Seahawks, Cardinals battle to 6-6 tie in NFC West showdown
- Huskies rise to No. 4 in AP poll, open as an 11-point favorite vs. No. 17 Utah
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Sunday night stunner: Seattle sports world reacts to Seahawks-Cardinals ending in a tie
Officials say once he realized he’d won, Burkett bought a gaming computer. They say he’s also eying the purchase of an electric Tesla car.