OLYMPIA — Officials say the winner of Washington state’s $157 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot earlier this month has come forward to claim the prize.
Washington Lottery officials say Michael Burkett presented the winning ticket Thursday at lottery offices in Olympia.
Officials say he bought the $5 ticket from a 7-Eleven in West Seattle. The jackpot had been unclaimed since the March 8 drawing.
Burkett chose to receive the winnings in a one-time cash payment option before taxes of $102.8 million, officials said.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
- Seattle’s newest apartments: ‘prison cell’ with no door for toilet
Officials say once he realized he’d won, Burkett bought a gaming computer. They say he’s also eying the purchase of an electric Tesla car.