OLYMPIA — Officials say the winner of Washington state’s $157 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot earlier this month has come forward to claim the prize.
Washington Lottery officials say Michael Burkett presented the winning ticket Thursday at lottery offices in Olympia.
Officials say he bought the $5 ticket from a 7-Eleven in West Seattle. The jackpot had been unclaimed since the March 8 drawing.
Burkett chose to receive the winnings in a one-time cash payment option before taxes of $102.8 million, officials said.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
Officials say once he realized he’d won, Burkett bought a gaming computer. They say he’s also eying the purchase of an electric Tesla car.