The Spokane County deputy's shift was winding down when he heard the call on his radio - a man appeared to be abandoning puppies at a nearby intersection.
The Spokane County deputy’s shift was winding down when he heard the call on his radio – a man appeared to be abandoning puppies at a nearby intersection.
So Deputy Marc Melville headed to the area early Monday morning.
The caller had reported seeing a man drop an adult dog and five or six puppies out of a vehicle.
Melville found just one puppy – but it ended up going home with him.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
As the deputy told The Spokesman-Review, “He looked at me, he licked my nose and that was pretty much all she wrote on that one.”
Melville says the puppy appears healthy and is getting along well with his other dogs.