The Spokane County deputy's shift was winding down when he heard the call on his radio - a man appeared to be abandoning puppies at a nearby intersection.
The Spokane County deputy’s shift was winding down when he heard the call on his radio – a man appeared to be abandoning puppies at a nearby intersection.
So Deputy Marc Melville headed to the area early Monday morning.
The caller had reported seeing a man drop an adult dog and five or six puppies out of a vehicle.
Melville found just one puppy – but it ended up going home with him.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
Most Read Stories
As the deputy told The Spokesman-Review, “He looked at me, he licked my nose and that was pretty much all she wrote on that one.”
Melville says the puppy appears healthy and is getting along well with his other dogs.