The Whatcom County sheriff's office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
The Whatcom County sheriff’s office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
A detective had knocked on Belinda K. Barnett’s door early Wednesday to question her but nobody answered. Later that morning firefighters responded to flames shooting from the doublewide mobile home. After knocking down the fire, they found her body.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://is.gd/pTxFfe) the 45-year-old woman died of smoke inhalation.
She was never arrested or charged in the theft case.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
Fire District 14 Chief Jerry DeBruin said the fire appeared to have started in a bedroom. The county fire marshal and the sheriff’s office are investigating.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com