The Whatcom County sheriff's office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
The Whatcom County sheriff’s office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
A detective had knocked on Belinda K. Barnett’s door early Wednesday to question her but nobody answered. Later that morning firefighters responded to flames shooting from the doublewide mobile home. After knocking down the fire, they found her body.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://is.gd/pTxFfe) the 45-year-old woman died of smoke inhalation.
She was never arrested or charged in the theft case.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Fire District 14 Chief Jerry DeBruin said the fire appeared to have started in a bedroom. The county fire marshal and the sheriff’s office are investigating.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com