The Whatcom County sheriff's office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
The Whatcom County sheriff’s office says a woman who was found dead in a house fire was suspected of embezzling $100,000.
A detective had knocked on Belinda K. Barnett’s door early Wednesday to question her but nobody answered. Later that morning firefighters responded to flames shooting from the doublewide mobile home. After knocking down the fire, they found her body.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://is.gd/pTxFfe) the 45-year-old woman died of smoke inhalation.
She was never arrested or charged in the theft case.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Fire District 14 Chief Jerry DeBruin said the fire appeared to have started in a bedroom. The county fire marshal and the sheriff’s office are investigating.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com