Vancouver police are trying to determine if two armed robberies that occurred at two different tanning salons Thursday night are related.
The first reported robbery was reported at about 6 p.m. at Tan Republic, located in the 11400 block of Fourth Plain Boulevard.
A man displayed a handgun and left the location without taking any property after employees told the man that police were on their way, according to Vancouver police.
At 8:41 p.m. the same evening, police responded to a robbery call at Sunset Tanning Salon, in the 2100 block of Southeast 164th Avenue.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
No injuries were reported.
Police don’t have any information about whether the robbery suspect or suspects had a vehicle or got away by other means.
Both incidents involved multiple units from Vancouver Police and Clark County Sheriff’s Office, but the suspect remains at large. Police say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Investigators are working to confirm that these two incidents involved the same suspect. Police said patrol officers have all been informed of the incidents and may make contact with more tanning salons today.
Police ask that anyone with information on either robbery, they are asked to contact Vancouver Police Department via 911.