The driver and passenger were killed when their car was hit be another car when it made a left turn across Canyon Road.
Two people were killed in a two-car collision in Kent late Sunday, police reported.
A car traveling eastbound on Canyon Road was struck broadside as it turned left across the road by a second car heading in the opposition direction, Kent Police Cmdr. Jarod Kasner confirmed late Sunday.
The collision killed the driver and a passenger in the turning vehicle, Kasner said. Occupants in the second vehicle suffered only minor injuries, he said.
Part of the road was expected to be closed for several hours late Sunday while police investigated the accident, Kasner said.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Why Republicans can’t govern | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed