This isn't exactly the type of working Washington that Jay Inslee is seeking to build.
This isn’t exactly the type of working Washington that Jay Inslee is seeking to build.
Campaign officials for the Democratic gubernatorial candidate said Thursday that a technical glitch led his Twitter account to follow a promoter of an Internet porn company. Inslee spokeswoman Jaime Smith says a volunteer had set up a program to automatically identify Twitter users who may be useful to engage on the social networking site.
Staffers are no longer using the program, and Smith says the campaign stopped following the account Thursday after state Republicans pointed it out. Smith says Inslee does not directly manage his Twitter activity.
The Twitter feed in question touted the website Internet Modeling, which encourages models to appear in front of webcams and places them on adult sites.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth