A Washington state trooper shot and wounded a man after a high-speed chase in Snohomish County. The man's injuries were not life-threatening, authorities said.
A State Patrol trooper shot a man in Snohomish County after a high-speed chase Sunday morning ended in a parking lot and, authorities said, the suspect was about to ram the trooper with his truck. The man’s injuries were not life-threatening, according to police.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound, according to police. The trooper was not hurt, nor were any others, according to Shari Ireton, spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The chase started around 6:30 a.m. when a trooper saw a blue Ford pickup driving recklessly on northbound Interstate 5 in South Everett, Ireton said. State Patrol pursued the truck, speeding at up to 90 mph.
Troopers deployed a spike strip near the 88th Street Northeast exit in Marysville, which appeared to damage a tire, Ireton said.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
The truck left the freeway in Smokey Point, heading east on Highway 531. Then the driver headed south on Highway 9, before pulling into a Shell gas station at 164th Street Southeast.
Apparently, he was about to use his truck to assault troopers who had followed him, Ireton said, when a trooper shot the man at approximately 7 a.m.
Ireton did not know how many shots were fired. No further details were available about the man or the officers involved. The incident is being investigated by local, state and county police, Ireton said.
Bob Young: 206-464-2174 or email@example.com