Police are looking for a well-heeled trio accused of using fake cashier's checks to steal at least $76,000 in merchandise from local stores, including $36,000 in diamonds and Rolex...
Police are looking for a well-heeled trio accused of using fake cashier’s checks to steal at least $76,000 in merchandise from local stores, including $36,000 in diamonds and Rolex watches from Bellevue jewelry shops.
“It just seems like they went on a Christmas shopping spree,” said Bellevue police spokesman Tory Mangione.
The four confirmed cases took place this month and are all in Bellevue.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future
Police said they are looking for three suspects: a 54-year-old white male 5-foot-10 and 170 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes; a white female 18 to 20 years old, 5-foot-2, with brown hair; and a 40-year-old white male, 5-foot-10 and 205 pounds, with brown hair.
All the checks were made to look like they were drafted by Evergreen Bank. Detectives said they think checks could have been passed in the Seattle area as well. Anyone with information can call Bellevue police at 425-452-6917. Concerned storeowners in other cities should call their local police departments.
Ashley Bach: 206-464-2567